The Rotolight NEO is a compact and versatile on-camera, bi-color LED light that delivers a 50-degree beam angle, soft light output, and Rotolight's signature ring-light effect. The color temperature of the light is adjustable from 3150K to 6300K in ten-degree Kelvin steps using a rear rotary knob. A second rotary knob lets you dim the light from 100% to 0% output with no color shift or flicker at any frame rate. An electronic display on the back is provided for fast and confident color tuning. At full output, the 120 LEDs produce a peak brightness of 1077 lux at 3' yet draw only 9W of power.
The light is powered by six AA batteries, providing up to 5 hours of continuous use (or 3 hours at 100% power). It can also be powered using the included AC adapter or an optional D-Tap power cable. The light has a 1/4"-20 threaded mounting hole and includes a cold-shoe mount.
- On-camera LED light
- Suitable for run-and-gun news shooters, filmmakers, or even still photographers on location or in the studio.
- 120 LEDs produce 50-degree beam angle
- Bi-color, with 3150K to 6300K adjustable color temperature (ten degree Kelvin steps)
- 0-100% dimming with no color shift
- Electronic display shows accurate color temperature and brightness, including f-stop indications
- Dynamic Drift Compensation and Thermal Monitoring
- Bright 1077 lux output at 3 feet (4300K)
- CRI > 95, Skin Tone CRI > 99
- Television Lighting Consistency Index (TLCI) = 91
- Flicker-free at all frame rates/shutter angles
- Power by six AA batteries for up to 5 hours (or 3 hours at 100% power)
- AC Adapter included
- Draws only 9W at full power
True Aperture Dimming:
The NEO uses exposure information from the camera (shutter speed and ISO) plus distance to the subject and data from the light to accurately calculate the correct aperture (f-stop), whilst also compensating for skin tone contrast. This allows the photographer or cinematographer to work intuitively with the light, and no longer need to meter every shot. As you adjust the distance from your subject or the brightness of the NEO, you would simply re-enter the relevant settings and the NEO displays the updated recommended aperture accordingly.
Designer Fade Mode:
Broadcast Video cameras typically feature an auto-fade button, whereas DSLR cameras do not. NEO allows DSLR cinematographers to create and design unique custom fade up / fade down production effects for your video or to seamlessly transition between scenes.
Cinematographic Special FX provides customizable creative visual lighting effects, for use on set or location (Strobe, Lightning, Fire, Cycle, Throb, Police & TV). They are fully customizable and include adjustable rolling shutter compensation for the stroboscopic effects. An optional, 10-piece, add-on color FX Pack is also available to compliment NEO's CineSFX mode.
100,000 hour LED life, flicker-free technology
Color Temperature: 3150 to 6300K
Color Accuracy Standard:
Dimming: Yes, 0 to 100%
Battery Plate: 6 x AA
Power Source: AC Adapter
1x Hotshoe Mount
6x AA Battery
1x Filter Set (184, 216, 250 & 279)
1x AC Adaptor
1x Power Cable
1x Soft Case