Combining G Master performance with the lightest and smallest form factor in its class, Sony rounds out its trinity of f/2.8 G Master zoom lenses with its latest wide-angle offering for video and stills shooters, the FE 16-35mm f/2.8 GM II Lens, which boasts a variety of optical, focusing, and handling upgrades.
- Faster focusing performance, improved close-up shooting, and enhanced control are all benefits of the redesigned focusing system.
- Four XD (extreme dynamic) linear motors contribute to greatly improved focusing performance, compared to the DDSSM system of the predecessor, including faster, quieter, and more precise AF that's ideal for both video and stills.
- Faster AF means improved focusing when working with fast-moving subjects; support is available for shooting at up to 30 fps, full AF is maintained even when shooting stopped down, and focus tracking is possible even when changing the zoom position.
- Floating focusing mechanism helps maintain image quality throughout the focusing range, which is especially important considering the impressive close-up performance of this lens: minimum focusing distance of 8.6" and a maximum magnification of 0.32x across the entire zoom range.
- Internal focusing design promotes snappier, more responsive focusing performance and maintains the same center of gravity during lens extension and retraction.
Lens Mount: Sony E
Format Compatibility: Full Frame
Minimum Focus Distance: 8.7" / 22.1 cm
Maximum Magnification: 0.32x
Filter Size: 82mm
Dimension: 3.5 x 4.4" / 87.8 x 111.5 mm
Weight: 1.2 lb / 547 g
1x Original Front Cap
1x Rear Cap
1x 82mm Urth UV Filter